Vintage Patriotic Wafer Paper Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Vintage Patriotic Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 bag royal icing
- Rectangular Cookie Cutter
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Wax or parchment paper
- Gold Dragees
- Royal Icing Patriotic Star Assortment
- Small craft scissors
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe and cut out several rectangle cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel (or light corn syrup) to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional decoration, such as edible pearls or dragees with the edible clear writing gel.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.