Triple Berry Cake
Use with our Easy Layers Sheet Cake Pan Set. Recipe from Wilton.
- 2 packages (15.25 ounces each) white cake mix, divided
- Ingredients to prepare mixes
Icing and filling:
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 jar (13 ounces) mixed berry jam
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Easy Layers! Sheet Cake Pan Set with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, mix 1 cake mix according to package directions. Divide evenly into pans, smoothing with spatula so batter is even.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on grid. Repeat baking with second cake mix and remaining ingredients.
For icing, combine raspberries and strawberries in the bowl of a food processor. Process until berries are pureed. In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add berry puree and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
To assemble, place first cake layer on serving plate. Pipe a dam of icing around the edge of the layer; spread with 1/3 of jam. Repeat with remaining layers and jam. Spread remaining icing on top and sides of cake.
Makes about 24 servings.