Tombstone Cookies How-To
You will need:
- Halloween Tombstone Wafer Paper
- Royal Icing Mix
- Edible Clear Gel
- Tombstone Cookie Cutter
- Squeeze Bottles
- Parchment Paper
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Small craft scissors
1. Prepare No Fail Sugar Cookie dough according to instructions. Cut out several tombstone shapes. Bake on parchment paper and let cool.
2. While cookies are cooling, prepare your royal icing according to the directions on the back of the bag. Add water, a teaspoon at a time, until a consistency between heavy cream and ketchup is reached. Divide into two or three bowls and dye the desired color(s) or keep white. Pour icing into squeeze bottles.
3. Carefully frost base layer of icing with squeeze bottle onto cookies and let dry completely, about 3-5 hours or overnight.
4. Prepare Halloween Tombstone Wafer Paper shapes by carefully cutting out with small craft scissors.
5. Spread out iced cookies on a large piece of wax or parchment paper.
6. Affix wafer paper shapes to cookie by spreading a thin layer of edible clear gel (or light corn syrup) on the back of the wafer paper piece with your finger. Stick to the top of one of your iced cookies and then flip right side down onto the wax paper and leave for approx. 30 minutes. This will ensure that the wafer paper will dry flat.
7. Flip cookies right side up and add additional dragees, sprinkles or quins, if desired.
8. Let set completely and store in an airtight container.