Recipe & photo re-printed from The Complete Photo Guide to Candy Making!
You will need:
- 1 pound (455 g) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (235 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon icing fruit (available HERE)
- 2 teaspoons ( 10 ml) Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) citric acid
- 1 pound (455 g) white chocolate for dipping
- chocolate transfer sheets
1. Line a 9" square pan with parchment paper. Set aside. Place the finely chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Place the butter on top of the chocolate. In a heavy, 2-quart saucepan, combine the cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Add the icing fruit, Key lime juice, and citric acid. Pour the citrus hot cream mixture over the chopped chocolate and butter. Blend the ganache, using a whisk. Continue blending until the ganache is shiny and creamy. Pour the warm mixture into the lined pan. Spread the ganache evenly. Tap the pan against the work surface to smooth the ganache. Place the pan of ganache in the refrigerator to set firm.
2. Lift the parchment paper and remove the chilled ganache from the pan. Flip over the ganache and peel the parchment away from the ganache. Melt white candy coating or melt and temper white chocolate. Spread melted chocolate onto the bottom of the slab of ganache. Allow the chocolate to set. Cut the slab into squares. Place a cut ganache square on a dipping fork, with the chocolate-coated side resting on the fork. Rest the dipping fork on the side of a bowl with melted white chocolate candy coating or melted and tempered white chocolate. Spoon melted chocolate to coat the cut ganache square. Top the dipping fork against the bowl to allow access chocolate to drip off the square. Work very quickly when dipping each ganache square. If the squares are soft, place in the refrigerator for ease in dipping. Place a chocolate transfer sheet, textured-side down, on top of the warm chocolate. Let set for 15 to 20 minutes. Peel back the transfer sheet.
Makes 64 candies.