Sweet Cornbread Loaf Cake
Recipe & photo thanks to Nordic Ware!
Add this sweet and moist cornbread loaf to your spectacular fall and Thanksgiving dinner display! Makes an elegant cornbread using our Wheat and Pumpkin Loaf Pan. A great accompaniment to homemade chili as well with honey butter.
- 1 3/4 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 11/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Wheat and Pumpkin Loaf Pan with baking spray or shortening and flour.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour and baking powder, set aside.
3. Using a mixer, combine eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, coconut milk, and milk. Slowly add dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Gently tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.