Surprise Inside Easter Cake
Recipe and photo thanks to Wilton.com!
What is more exciting than cutting into a cake and having candy and sprinkles tumble out? Eating it all, of course! This colorful springtime cake will surprise your guests, and be the hit of your Easter sweet table.
- Easy Layers 6" Round Set
- Favorite cake mix or recipe
- Favorite icing mix or recipe
- Easter Sprinkles Mix
- Colorful Easter Candy
- Spring Food Colors
- Piping Bags & Tips
1. Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool five cake layers.
2. Prepare cake layers. Use cutter "C" to cut a hole in center of three layers.
3. Tint icing and prepare decorating bags. Use colors and tips of your choice to create the stars, rosettes and dots.
4. Assemble and decorate cake. Position a cake layer without a hole as bottom layer. Cover with random icing colors and stars, rosettes and dots. Stack on next layer with a hole, piping icing stars, rosettes and dots. Repeat for the next two layers with holes. Fill hole with a mixture of candy and sprinkles. Cover layer with icing stars, rosettes and dots, and position final layer without a hole. Cover cake top with icing stars, rosettes and dots.