Strawberries and Cream Bundt Cake
Recipe and photo thanks to Nordic Ware!
-2/ 3 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen, finely chopped
- 2/ 3 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 3/ 4 cups sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 14 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/ 4 cups cake flour
- 1/ 2 cup corn flour
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 oz strawberry cream tequila, optional
- 1/ 3 cup vanilla sugar*
- rose petals, unsprayed, for optional garnish
- red decorative sugar, for optional garnish
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- *confectioners' sugar mixed with the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour pan; set aside. Mix chopped strawberries, preserves, and white chocolate together; set aside. In a separate bowl, cream sugar, cream cheese and butter. Add eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flours, baking powder and salt together. Add flour mixture to the sugar mixture, in thirds, alternating with buttermilk and ending with the flour mixture. Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Drop the strawberry mixture by spoonful onto the batter. Spread remaining batter over filling. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cake onto rack to cool completely. If using tequila, drizzle over warm cake.
Let cool 20 more minutes and dust heavily with vanilla sugar and garnish with organic rose petals and red sugar, if using. Serve with sweetened whipped cream or strawberry tequila whipped cream, if desired.