Stamped Owl Cookies How-To
Recipe & photo thanks to Birkmann!
You will need:
- 130g butter = 1 stick + 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 an egg
- 70g sugar = 1/3 cup
- 200g plain flour = 1 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- grated rind of one organic orange or lemon
1. Beat together the butter, egg (break the egg, whisk and take about half) and sugar until fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and grated rind of the organic orange or lemon. Knead all the ingredients until smooth.
2. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough until about 3/16" thick on a baking and rolling mat (alternatively on a floured work surface) using rolling pin guides. Press the cookie stamp firmly into the dough. Trim the edges if necessary with a 2.75" circular cookie cutter or a blunt knife.
4. Bake on the mat (alternatively on baking paper) in preheated oven (top and bottom heat 400° F, middle rack) for approx. 10-15 minutes.
5. Allow the cookies to cool thoroughly on a rack.