Stacked Star Cookies How-To
You will need:
- 6-Point Star Cookie Cutter Set
- 5mm Silver Dragees
- 1 bag Royal Icing
- Parchment Paper
- Squeeze Bottles
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
1. Prepare No Fail Sugar Cookie dough according to directions and cut-out an equal number of 3 different sizes of the star shapes. Three graduating shapes for each stack of star cookies. Bake cookie shapes and cool as directed.
2. Prepare royal icing, using instructions on bag. Your icing needs to be the consistency of heavy cream. Fill squeeze bottle of decorating bag with royal icing.
3. Ice each cookie with royal icing. Wait 2 minutes before stacking the cookies on top of each other. While icing is still wet, attach the silver dragees in different patterns on top of the cookies (see photo).
4. Let the cookies completely dry (about 4 hours or overnight).
5. Store in an airtight container.