Snowflake Stencil Cookies How-To
You will need:
- Snowflake Cookie Top Stencil Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Snowflake Cookie Cutter
- 1 bag royal icing
- Your choice of gel food coloring (we like Super Red)
- 2 Squeeze Bottles - one for each color of icing
- Small spatula
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe and cut out several snowflake cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. While cookies are cooling, prepare the royal icing. Divide into two bowls and dye the one bowl red and leave the other white.
3. Fill the two squeeze bottles with half of each of the red and the white icings. Leave some of the red and white icing in the bowl for the stenciling.
4. Ice a base layer of either the red or the white icing onto each cookie. Let completely dry.
5. Center the stencil on top of one of the dried cookies.
6. Using an off-set spatula or a regular spatula spread a thin layer of the alternating color of royal icing over the top of the stencil.
7. Carefully lift the stencil off the cookie and allow the icing to completely dry before storing in an airtight container. Repeat with remaining cookies.