Shirt and Tie Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- 3" Oval Cookie Cutter from Plain Oval Cutter Set
- Royal Icing Mix (or make your own)
- Super Black Food Color
- Sugar Tie Assortment, set of 12
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Squeeze Bottles
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut ovals using the second largest size (3") from the Plain Oval Cutter Set. Orienting the cookies lengthwise, cut away approximately ½" from the bottom of each. Bake cookies and let cool.
2. These cookies are iced using the flow icing method. Follow the standard directions on the Royal Icing Mix and set aside 1/3 of the standard recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water as indicated for "flow" decorating. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Food Color Super Black to color the 1/3 standard icing set aside.
4. Use a small squeeze bottle to pipe outlines using the black royal icing, as shown. When the outlines have dried slightly, fill in with white "flow" icing. Let dry.
5. After your icing has set up, finish with one Tie Assortment Dec-Ons® Decoration attached with a dab of icing.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz