Retro Easter Wafer Paper Puzzle Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Retro Easter Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- bag royal icing
- Toast Puzzle Cookie Cutter
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several puzzle cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. While cookies are cooling - prepare your wafer paper. Use puzzle cookie cutter to trace puzzle shapes onto wafer paper. Carefully cut-out puzzle shapes using small craft scissors. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile! Set shapes aside (but keep each set of puzzle pieces together.
3. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
4. Adhere each wafer paper puzzle piece cut-out to its corresponding puzzle piece cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel (or light corn syrup) to the top of the iced cookies or to the back of the wafer paper.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax or parchments paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional decoration, such as edible pearls or dragees with the edible clear writing gel.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.