Red Velvet Springerle Cookie Recipe
Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees/ Bake time 7-9 minutes
- 1 Cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 TBS Red Velvet Emulsion
- 1 TBS Chocolate Cocoa Powder, (we recommend using Velrhona)
- 1/4 Cup Melted chocolate chips
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 TBS dry Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add egg. Mix in red velvet emulsion, vanilla, cocoa, and melted chocolate.
3. Blend in flour, baking powder, dry buttermilk and salt.
4. Mix until dough pulls away from the paddle and begins to form a ball.
5. Dust the surface of your counter and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch. (If your dough is too soft to work with, refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.)
6. Dust surface of your dough and your cookie mold with flour. Press the mold into the dough just far enough down to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the cookie. Brush off the excess flour on the top of your cookie. Excess flour will appear white on the surface if not removed.
7. Place your cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Chill your cookie sheet full of molded cookies at least 1/2 hour in the fridge.
9. Take your cookie sheet out of the fridge and immediately place it in the center rack of a pre-heated 350 degree F oven. Bake your cookies for 1-9 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.