Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies How-To
You will need:
- Jack O'Lantern Cookie Cutter Set
- Orange Sparkling Sugar
- Green Sparkling Sugar
- Parchment Paper
- Pre-made pie dough or homemade pie dough
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk one egg with a teaspoon of water and set aside.
3. On floured surface, roll out prepared pie crust to about 1/8" thick. Use Jack O' Lanten cookie cutter set to make as many dough pairs as possible. Create different faces using the pieces in the set.
4. For each pocket, spread about 4 teaspoons mini chocolate chips on pumpkin shape, leaving 1/2" margin at the edge.
5. Brush egg wash onto edges, place second half of pumpkin on top, and press edges to seal. Brush the top with the egg wash and sprinkle generously with colored sparkling sugars. Lightly tap in sugars crystals so they stay on the pie crust.
6. Bake pumpkins on a parchment covered cookie sheet until their edges are just beginning to brown, about 12 minutes.
7. Let them rest on a cookie sheet a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Let cool completely on rack.