Image and tutorial modified from Sweetopia
You will need:
- Pumpkin Cookie Cutter
- Squeeze Bottles
- Royal Icing
- Food Color of your choice
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
1. Make No Fail Sugar Cookie Dough. Cut out as many pumpkin shapes as you can. Bake cookies on parchment paper and let cool on wire rack.
2. While cookies are cooling, prepare the royal icing (instructions on bag). After following the instructions, slowly mix in water a teaspoon at at time until a consistency somewhere between "heavy cream and ketchup" is reached. Fill squeeze bottles with icing.
3. Begin by outlining and flooding every other section of the pumpkin as shown above. Allow icing to dry about 15 to 30 minutes, and then outline and flood the remaining sections. This creates slight dips and rounded ridges.
4. When that has dried finish off the cookie by piping the stem and vines.