Pear Tart Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 teaspoon Pure Pear Extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14 inch circle. Transfer to a parchment paper lined backing sheet: set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the pears and Pure Pear Extract. Combine sugar, cornstarch and powdered ginger, sprinkle over the pear mixture and stir gently to combine. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. oc edges, sprinkle with walnuts. Fold edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered.
3. Beat egg white and water; brush over folded pastry. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Using parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack to cool.
Recipe courtesy of OliveNation.com