Patriotic Sugars Oreo Cookies How-To
You will need:
- Chocolate Covered Oreos® Plain Mold
- Chocolate or Candy Coating
- Patriotic Sugars Assortment
- Clear Writing Gel
- DoubleStuf Oreo® Cookies
- Candy Maker's Funnel (optional)
1. To melt your chocolate or candy wafers, coarsely chop and place into a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir well. Continue to microwave for 15 to 30 second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until smooth. For best results, do not overheat the chocolate, and avoid introducing moisture. Both these conditions will ruin the chocolate.
3. Once your chocolate has been melted, pour the chocolate approximately 1/3 full into the mold designs.
4. After filling each design, tap the mold onto the table to settle the chocolate, and remove any trapped air.
5. Press the Oreo® cookie into the chocolate, and center it in the mold cavity, horizontally and vertically. As you press the Oreo® into the mold cavity, the chocolate will rise up around the sides, embedding the cookie, and leaving only the top uncovered.
6. Pour the chocolate over the embedded Oreo®, completely filling the mold, and covering the cookie.
7. Gently tap the mold onto the table to settle the chocolate, and remove any trapped air. If necessary, level the chocolate by scraping away the excess with a silicone spatula.
8. After the chocolate has hardened, chill the mold in the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes. Turn the mold upside down and press on the back of the cavity to release the chocolate covered Oreos®.
9. Next add the Patriotic Sugars or any sugars of your choice, with a dab of clear writing gel or melted candy coating.