Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes How-To
You Will Need
- 1 package regular ice cream cones (about 24)
- Patriotic Star Quins
- Cupcake recipe of your choice
- Icing or frosting recipe of your choice to cover approximately 24 cupcakes
1. Prepare cupcakes as directed on recipe. Pre-heat oven as directed.
2. Pour batter into standard muffin pan without liners (grease pan well before filling). Fill each cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed.
3. Let cupcakes cool on wire rack.
4. Place ice cream cones on a flat surface (it is a good idea to place them on what you are planning on serving them on or transporting them in, to reduce the number of times you have to move the cupcakes around).
5. Place each un-frosted cupcake into the opening of the ice cream cone. If opening is not big enough, carefully squish the sides of the cupcake to let it fall into place OR shave off part of the sides of the cupcake in order for it to fit inside.
6. Frost cupcakes as desired. Sprinkle with Patriotic Star Quins.
TIP: You can also bake the cupcakes directly in the ice cream cones, however, you will need to wrap the edges of each cone with foil to prevent any burning.