Mini Whole Wheat Maple Pancake Muffins Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Courtesy of: http://layersofhappiness.com/nannygirl-recipes-mini-whole-wheat-maple-pancake-muffins/
Ingredients: (24 muffins)
- 1 and 1/3 cups (167g) whole wheat flour (or white whole-wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Maple Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Gently combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and banana together. Whisk in the brown sugar and yogurt until no lumps remain. Whisk in the maple syrup until combined.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir gently until just combined. Do not over mix the batter or your pancakes will be tough and very dense. Add chocolate chips.
5. Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill the liners 3/4 full of batter. Bake at 350 for 11-13 mins, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
6. To make the frosting: Cream the butter, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the milk if needed to thin out the frosting enough to be of a good spreading consistency and beat well to combine.
7. Frost the cupcakes and serve immediately.