Lemon Polkadot Bread Pudding
Recipe from South & Spoon Pudding Co.
- 3 Cup Challah Bread
- 1 Tbs Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Dark Choc Chips
- 1 package South & Spoon Lemon Pudding Mix
- 1 ¾ Cups whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp butter
1. Prep your baking dish by greasing it with tsp butter.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Next cut the Challah bread into 1 inch cubes and measure out 3 cups.
4. Once cut, toss them with 1 tbs granulated sugar and add to prepared baking dish.
5. Prepare your pudding mix by whisking it with the whole milk and egg yolks. When you are done whisking the raw mixture, pour it over the bread and let sit for 2 minutes as the bread soaks up the moisture. You are using uncooked pudding here. The pudding will cook in the oven and into the bread!
6. Sprinkle the dark chocolate chips over the top of the bread pudding.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
8. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve warm!
Challah bread creates big pillows of light bread pudding but you can substitute for plain white bread, cinnamon bread or something more creative like Chocolate Babka!! We did and the Babka Bread Pudding was nothing short of true decadence!