Lemon Lavender Pound Cake
Recipe thanks to thebakerchick.com!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (6 ounces, weight) 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbs. dried lavender seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease one 9 x 5 (or two 5.75 x 3 mini) loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter. Gradually add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing each until fully incorporated.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients, alternating with the Greek yogurt, to the creamed butter and sugar and mix just until incorporated. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and beat on low just until blended. Gently stir in the lavender seeds.
5. Bake at 325° for 1 hour to 1 and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Check the cake with a toothpick or cake testing tool. Cool in the loaf pans for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.