Lemon Ginger and Pepper Bundt Cake
Recipe thanks to Nordic Ware.
- 2-3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon peel (about 2 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from lemons, reserve remaining juice
- 1-2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Reserved lemon juice plus enough extra lemon juice to make 1/3 cup
Heat oven to 325° F. Grease pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs. In small bowl, stir together the lemon peel, lemon juice and ginger: set aside. In medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and pepper; set aside. In large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well after each addition. With mixer speed on low add flour, one-third at a time, alternately with the buttermilk, ending with the flour. Stir in the lemon ginger mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake 75-80 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; place on cooling rack with parchment or waxed paper under rack.
To make glaze, in small bowl stir together sugar and lemon juice, let stand while sugar dissolves. Stir mixture. Brush glaze over warm cake; let cool completely on rack. Use two large spatulas to transfer cake to serving plate. 16 servings.