Lemon Curd Tarts With Blueberry Syrup
Recipe from Blackberry Patch.
- 3 large egg yolks, strained
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- store bought pie crust, trimmed into circle to fit your tart pan(s)
- Blackberry Patch Blueberry Syrup, to drizzle on top
- fresh blueberries, as garnish, optional
Combine yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine. Set over medium heat, and stir constantly with a small wooden spoon. Cook until mixture is thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter, one piece at a time, stirring with the wooden spoon until smooth. Pour mixture in to a medium bowl. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd to avoid a skin from forming; wrap tightly. Let cool; refrigerate until firm and chilled, at least 1 hour.
Press trimmed pie crust into tart pan, do not pierce with a fork. Bake at 450 degrees for 9-11 minutes. If crust puffs up, press down with a wooden spoon. Cool at least 30 minutes. Fill with lemon curd, top with fresh berries and drizzle with Blackberry Patch Blueberry Syrup.