Gluten Free Blackberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
Recipe & photo thanks to Nordic Ware!
Add this gluten free Bundt cake recipe to your spring and summer dessert list! Sweet combination of citrus, yogurt, and blackberries makes this an exceptional light and moist cake made in our Blossom Bundt® Pan and completely gluten free!
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour*
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2- 2 cups blackberries (cut in half if large)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 4-5 crushed blackberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt butter and set aside to cool before prepping pan.
2. Combine gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and set aside. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine yogurt and milk in a medium bowl. Slowly add half of flour and yogurt-milk to sugar-butter mixture. Then add the other half of flour. Mix well and scrape sides of bowl. Fold in blackberries.
3. To prepare pan, brush cooled butter to lightly coat the details of the pan and evenly dust with gluten free flour (avoid forming clumps if possible). Pour batter into prepared pan and tap gently on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding. Cool cake completely before serving.
4. After cake has cooled, combine all glaze ingredients in bowl to the desired consistency and pour onto cake.
*Gluten Free Flour: We recommend using Bob's Red Mill Baking 1:1 Flour, Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (not whole grain), or King Arthur Flour's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour