Gingerbread Cabin How-To
You will need
- 1 Small pre-baked Gingerbread house
- Royal Icing Christmas Mix
- Royal Icing Christmas Candle
- Royal Icing Double Holly with Berry
- Sturdy cardboard, a foam core board, or an extra cookie sheet for the house's base
- Royal Icing
- Pastry bags or squeeze bottles
- Small spatulas, spreaders or butter knives
- Tweezers and toothpicks (optional)
1. Cover house base with parchment, foil, or brown paper. Make royal icing and keep bowl covered with damp cloth.
2.Carefully pipe thin lines of royal icing in the marked grooves of the gingerbread house.
3. Attach royal icing decorations to the sides and allow to dry.
4. Attach walls to the front and back of the house using royal icing as the "glue" and let dry until icing is hard. Position your house on the base.
5. Attach roof, propping up eaves with cans or books until icing is dry and hard, about six hours or overnight.
6. Finishing Touches: Pipe a decorative border around the edges of the house and top of the roof. Attach final decorative royal icing pieces with small dots of royal icing and allow to dry.