You Will Need:
- Butterflies Blue & Lavender Hues Wafer Paper Set
- Butterflies Green Hues Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal icing
- Crinkle Square Cookie Cutter Set or any cutter shape of your choice
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Super Gold Luster Dust
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
- Empty Egg Carton
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several varying circle and square cookie shapes.Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
5. Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
6. Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
To print illustrated step-by-step instructions on how to make Wafer Paper Butterflies click HERE