You Will Need:
- Butterflies Blue & Lavender Hues Wafer Paper Set
- Butterflies Green Hues Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal icing
- Crinkle Square Cookie Cutter Set or any cutter shape of your choice
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Super Gold Luster Dust
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
- Empty Egg Carton
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several varying circle and square cookie shapes.Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
3. Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
4. Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
5. Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
6. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
To print illustrated step-by-step instructions on how to make Wafer Paper Butterflies click HERE