Flower Pot Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Daffodil Cookie Cutter
- Daisy Cookie Cutter
- 1-2 bags royal icing
- 2-4 Squeeze Bottles
- Assorted Food Colors
- Parchment Paper
- A dozen or so 6-12" popsicle or lollipop sticks
- Additional sprinkles, sanding sugars, or other decorations.
- 6-10" terra cotta or other flower pot
- One block of florist foam or other type of foam to stick in the bottom of the flower pot.
- Fake leaf stems for filler
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out daffodil and daisy shapes. Make sure to flour the cutter before every use. Before baking stick popsicle or lollipop stick into each cookie (or as many as you want for your flower pot). Bake on parchment paper and cool as directed.
2. While cookies are cooling, prepare the icing according to instructions on bag. Dye icing if desired and pour into squeeze bottles.
3. Ice each shape cookies as you desire with Royal Icing (use our photos for reference or visit our blog for decorating tips and ideas).
4. Let all pieces dry completely. Add additional layers of royal icing if you like and let dry at least 3 hours or overnight.
5. While cookies are drying fit a block of the florist foam down into the flower pot.
6. Once cookies are completely dry stick lollipop sticks into florist foam. Arrange cookies in pot and add fake leaf filler as needed.
7. Stack and store extra cookies in an airtight container.