Fall Candy Apples How-To
You Will Need:
- Caramel Wrappings or Dip
- Popcicle Stick
- Parchment or wax paper
- Chocolate Ganache or Melting Chocolate
- Piping Tips (optional)
- Dark Chocolate Sprinkles or Autumn Mix Sprinkles
- Autumn Sugar Leaves
1. Wash and dry apples, then remove the stem. It's a good idea to start a "pilot" hole for the apple stick before dipping or wrapping the apples to ensure that it will enter easily and stand straight; this can be done with a large skewer or a chopstick.
2. Dip or wrap each apple in caramel, according to manufacturer's instructions; insert a lollipop or popcicle stick into each.
3. Prepare a receiving pan or cookie sheet by lining with parchment or wax paper, then melt chocolate ganache or dipping chocolate.
4. Dip caramel apples in chocolate, and let rest on receiving pan for 10 minutes.
5. Additional piping can be added—scrolls, small beads, or a design of your choosing—using fudge or ganache with a #3 plain round tip.
6. Once the chocolate on the apples has cooled, the apples can be dipped in Dark Chocolate sprinkles or Autumn Mix sprinkles.
7. Finish apples with Autumn Sugar Leaves…decorations will adhere to caramel or chocolate without additional "glue."
8. If desired, add a bow to the top of the stick for added flair.
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz