Doggie Cupcakes How-To
You will need:
- Sugar Dog Assortment # 5600LKDA1
- Your choice of colored muffin cups
- Dog Bones Quins - Discontinued
- Your favorite cupcake recipe
- Your favorite frosting recipe - Buttercream works great! Try our recipe!
- Large Decorating Tip Set for bodies of the dogs and grass
- Pastry Bag
- Standard muffin pan
- Frosting spatula or butter knife
1. Bake and cool cupcakes as directed. Bake in standard muffin pan using muffin or baking cups.
2. Make desired frosting type. Divide into separate bowls. Dye different shades of brown, black, and gray. We love gel food coloring - works great for bright and true colors.
3. Decorate the base layer of frosting onto each cupcake using a frosting spatula or butter knife. Green (for grass) or brown (for dirt) works best. You can also use a grass frosting tip from our Ateco 29 Piece Decorating Tip Set (tip # 42, 133)
# AT782) to achieve the look of green grass (see Dachshund cupcake). You can also substitute our Green Candy Shreds # MM9135 or our Chocolate Jimmies # 5950SKCH1 for this affect.
4. Decide which cupcake will have which dog face (this will help when you decorate the body).
5. Using a icing decorating bag with a round tip and coupler, frost the body of the dog dependent on the breed of the dog (see photo for assistance). Be careful to not use too much frosting. You may wait 10 minutes for the frosting to set between different sections of the body so you achieve a 3D look.
6. Affix head of dog to the frosting by gently pushing down into frosting. Do not let the final layer of frosting set before you put the sugar dog head on top.
7. Add any extra sugar bones or quins.
8. Let set and store in an airtight container.