Cream Cheese Mints
Recipe from Lorannoils.com
- 3 ounces good-quality cream cheese, softened
- 5 to 6 drops Peppermint Oil or flavor of choice
- Several drops pink food coloring
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- granulated sugar for dusting
1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until soft, about 1 minute.
2, Add the peppermint oil and food coloring and mix until blended.
3. Mix in the confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time until mixture is no longer sticky.
4. Form into small balls using a 1/2 teaspoon of mixture for each.
5. Roll in the sanding sugar and flatten with the tines of a fork or press into a mint mold. Store finished mints in an airtight container in the refrigerator.