Citrus Blueberry Crumb Cake
Recipe and photo from Invisible Chef.
Ingredients Needed for Streusel:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon (Saigon Cinnamon is very fragrant)
- ⅛ Tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- ¼ Tsp salt
Ingredients Needed for Cake:
- 1 box The Invisible Chef Citrus Pear Coffee & Tea Cake (3/4 Cup milk, 2 eggs, ⅓ cup vegetable oil)
- 1 cup Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Prepare 9-inch Springform pan lightly with baking spray on the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the melted butter, then add the flour and mix together. With your fingers smoosh together to make large clumps. Set aside.
3. Place contents of Citrus Pear cake in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of frozen (do not thaw) or fresh blueberries. Toss blueberries with dry mix.
4. Prepare the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients per instructions on the back of the box. Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Carefully scatter the streusel crumbs on top of batter.
5. Bake the cake approximately 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. You may have to cover the cake during the last 10 minutes of baking so the streusel does not burn.
6. Transfer cake to cooling rack and let cool in pan for 30 minutes, then remove the ring and let cool completely before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar when cool. Serve with softly whipped cream with fresh berries on the side.