Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
Recipe from http://tinaschic.com/2015/05/cinnamon-swirl-quick-bread/
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
For the Quick Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (You can use sour cream instead.)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon water
Directions for the Cinnamon Swirl:
In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set it aside.
Directions for the Crumble Topping:
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until crumbs form.
Directions for the Quick Bread:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with foil or parchment paper and lightly grease it. Set it aside.
3. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add in the oil and mix it until small lumps begin to form. (Don't try to make it smooth at this point, it won't work.)
5. Add in the yogurt, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract and mix it until the batter just forms. Do not over mix it. The batter will be lumpy and that's okay.
6. Pour and spread 1/3 of the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Cinnamon Swirl mixture on top of the cake batter.
8. Pour and spread another 1/3 of the cake batter on top.
9. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the Cinnamon Swirl mixture on top.
10. Pour and spread the remaining 1/3 of the cake batter on top.
11. Sprinkle the Crumble Topping on top of the cake batter.
12. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
13. Let the cake cool completely.
Directions for the Glaze:
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and water until it forms a thick glaze.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled quick bread.