This tutorial and all the images are thanks to tikkido.com!
You will need:
- chocolate melts (in whatever colors you want)
- a plain Oreo cookie mold
- chocolate transfer sheets
- a 2" circle punch (like for scrapbooking)
1. First, you need to cut circles in your transfer paper. A 2" round scrapbooking punch is an ideal tool for cutting circles of the chocolate transfer paper. They are the perfect size to fit into the cavity of the Oreo cookie chocolate mold and infinitely easier than trying to cut out perfect circles and not smudge off any of the precious designs on the transfer sheets!
2. Next, melt your chocolate melts. Remember, if you don't find quite the right color, you can always mix them!
3. Put a circle of chocolate transfer paper in each depression first (making sure that the side with the stuff you want to transfer is facing up!), and add a dollop of melted chocolate. Not much--just enough to cover the bottom. If you'd like, you can use a spoon or a dedicated, clean paintbrush to paint chocolate up the edges of the mold.
4. Gently place a cookie in the center of each well. Don't push down! You don't want to squish out all the chocolate from the bottom of the mold! Gently spoon more melted chocolate over the cookie, making sure to fill in the space around the sides.
5. Pop the mold in the fridge to cool down, and when the chocolate has hardened, pop out the chocolate covered Oreos and peel off the thin plastic disk, leaving just the pretty design behind. That's it!