Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These quick and easy cherry cookies are loaded with chocolate chips. While you may not be fond of using boxed mixes, you will love the convenience and cake batter taste of these cookies.
Recipe makes approximately 24 cookies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) White Cake Mix of your choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cherry extract
- 1 and ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 drops red food color
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, sift together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, cherry extract and food coloring by hand.
4. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until the pockets of dry mix are completely incorporated. Your batter should be dough like. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Mold 2 tablespoons of dough into rounded balls and place onto baking sheet, keeping them about 2" apart.
6. Bake for 10 minutes taking care not to let them get brown around the edges. Allow to cool on the baking sheet. Store in airtight container for up to one week.