You Will Need:
- All Hues Butterfly Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 bag royal icing
- Butterflies Cookie Cutter Set
- Light Karo Corn Syrup
- Disco Dust
- White Vanilla Extract or other clear extract or alcohol
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
- Small craft paintbrush
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several butterfly cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing. Let completely dry.
3. Mix small amount of Disco dust with white vanilla extract in a small bowl. Create a paint-like texture and use a small craft paintbrush to paint onto cookies. Varying colors will look best. Let dry.
4. Carefully cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile! Cut each butterfly in half so that the wings are separate pieces.
5. Adhere the wings to the cookies with a small amount of light Karo corn syrup on the inside of the wing. Hold in place for a minute so that it will stay standing.
6. Let all cookies dry completely and store in an airtight container.
To print illustrated step-by-step instructions on how to make Wafer Paper Butterflies click HERE