Bunnies & Chicks Wafer Paper Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Bunny and Chick Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal icing
- Light corn syrup
- Oval Cookie Cutter Set
- Orange & Yellow Sugar Pearls
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several oval cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of light corn syrup to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional decoration, such as sugar pearls or dragees (as shown) with the edible clear writing gel to create borders around the cookies.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.