Using an engraved rolling pin such as this Bird Folk Art design, can be a great way to enhance your baking by putting patterns on your cookies, fondant, or pie crust.
This unique rolling pin is engraved on a laser machine that is capable of creating the elaborate pattern of birds, leaves, and flowers. Made of high quality, food safe Polish beech wood, each pin is individually packaged in a box with a traditional sugar cookie recipe. Makes a great gift for a baker!
Size: 17" L x 2" H with a 2" diameter.
A Few Hints for Making The Absolutely Perfect Cookies
• Results will be most visible on very thin dough, approx. 0, 2 inch thick
• Before you press the design on the dough put some flour on it-that way the rolling pin won't stick to the dough. You can also sprinkle the rolling pin with some powdered sugar – use a brush.
• Don't hesitate to press firmly down on the rolling pin.
• Is the design pressed the way you wanted to be? Great!
• Now use the cookie cutter to cut out individual cookies.
• The only thing left to do is baking your cookies. Et Voila!
• Once the cookies are baked the best way to store them is inside a ceramic or wooden cookie jar.