Best Brownie Recipe Ever
These magnificent brownies will melt in your mouth! We suggest that you double the recipe, because trust us, even that will not make enough. To ensure that your brownies are not cakey, mix everything by hand. Do not use a mixer because you can over mix your batter and whip too much air into the eggs.
Recipe makes approximately 16 servings.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder ( we recommend Valrhona)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour an 8 " square pan.
2. In large sauce pan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Hand mix in 1/3 cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.