Apple Zucchini Loaf Cake
Recipe & photo thanks to Nordic Ware!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup apple, grated
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Apple Basket Loaf Pan with baking spray containing flour or shortening and flour.
2. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend thoroughly after each addition.
3. Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini and apples and add to batter.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to batter and mix thoroughly. Slowly add milk and fold in chopped pecans.
6. Pour into prepared pan, filling only 3/4 full. Tap gently on countertop to remove air bubbles.
7. Bake 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 8-10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.