Alphabet Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Alphabet Wafer Paper
- Royal Icing Mix
- Edible Clear Gel
- Sugar Cookies
- Jumbo Neon Quins
- Craft scissors
- Square Cookie Cutter
1. Make batch of No Fail Sugar Cookies. Let cookies cool. Make one batch of royal icing, using mix and following instructions on bag.
2. Ice each cookie with a base of royal icing. Let completely dry (overnight or 4 -6 hours).
3. While cookies are drying, cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors.
4. Use a small amount of clear gel on the back of the wafer paper shape. Spread with fingertip or spatula. Affix to top of iced cookie.
5. Flip cookie upside down onto parchment or waxed paper and let dry for 30 minutes. This will ensure the wafer paper design dries flat.
6. Flip cookies right side up and add any additional decoration with icing such as edible glitter, sanding sugar and quins.
7. Serve cookies on their own or affix to the sides of a cake for a three-dimensional look.