Alice in Wonderland Cookies How-To
You Will Need:
- Alice in Wonderland Wafer Paper Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 bag royal icing
- Square Crinkle Cookie Cutter Set
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- American Red Disco Dust
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
- Small craft paintbrush
- Red Gel Food Coloring
- Lemon Extract or Clear Vanilla Extract or other alcohol base (optional)
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several crinkle square cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel (or light corn syrup) to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add border with royal icing. You may wish to dye some of your royal icing red for a more intense border color.
7. Once borders are dry, use small craft brush to affix red disco dust. You may wish to mix the disco dust with an alcohol base (like lemon extract) to get a more intense color.
8. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.