Use this set of 6 beautiful and intricate royal icing decorations to duplicate our Pastel Christmas Tree shown on the back cover, or create your own holiday wedding or event masterpiece. Snowman boy and girl 3.25" X 1.75" Large poinsettias 4.24" X 3.25"Small poinsettia 2" X 2"
Set includes 1 each of girl snowman in pink hat, boy snowman in blue hat, large dusty rose poinsettia, small dusty rose poinsettia, large periwinkle poinsettia, and small periwinkle poinsettia.
Cake also features pastel chocolate flames using our # 56SK147 Choco Flame Set.
Note * All edible items, such as these, are non-returnable.
PLEASE NOTE: Despite our best efforts in packaging, we cannot guarantee that you will not have some damage with these delicate, handmade sugars. Please order a few extra for this reason. No refunds can be issued by Fancy Flours, the manufacturer, or the shipper. We will continue to make every effort possible to package these items carefully so that they will arrive safely.
Click the Instructions Tab for complete details on how we made the Pastel Christmas Tree Cake
Get the Look - How We Created This Cake!
The Pastel Christmas Tree Cake was created as follows:
- Use the Giant Christmas Tree Cutter Set, # 42YNG, with two sheet cakes purchased at a local grocery store. You can, of course, bake a cake from scratch in a large sheet pan. We recommend a 14" x 20" sheet pan to accommodate the giant tree cutter.
- Create two layers with buttercream frosting between the layers and then frost the top of the cake.
- Use the small tree cutter in the Giant Christmas Tree Cutter set to cut out the center tree of this cake.
- Cover the seams at the edge of the cake with candies from candy necklaces found at your local candy store - you can see a bit of them in our photo of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with poinsettia and snowmen royal icing decorating found in the Pastel Tree Decorating Kit, # 51BTK.
- For added drama we scattered extra large gumballs in pastel colors, plus a variety of colors of Sixlets. A Sixlet is a small round candy-coated, chocolate-flavored candy that measures about 3/8 inch in diameter. Sixlets can be found at candy stores, hobby and craft stores, and large retailers such as Walmart.
- Our final step was to add candy swirls made with our Choco Flame Chocolate Mold # 56SK147. This mold creates confections similar to a candy kiss. We used a mixture of white, pink, and blue candy coatings to create the candy swirls on the cake. You can create a similar effect by piping swirls with a piping tip and buttercream frosting.
We hope these tips are helpful and we would love to see your versions of this cake! Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.