Layered Brownie Cake
Recipe by Wilton
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (or try our Best Brownie Recipe Ever!)
- Ingredients called for by mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted salted peanuts (divided)
- 2-3 tbsp caramel ice cream topping
Prep and Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Easy Layers Baking Pans with vegetable pan spray.
2. In large bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans, filling about 1/4 full. Bake 20-22 minutes or until brownies are firm to the touch. Cool almost completely in pans. Carefully loosen bottom and sides of brownies from pan with offset spatula. Remove to cooling grid to cool completely.
3. While the brownies cool, make the icing. In large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Divide icing in half. Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips and chopped peanuts into half of the icing. Begin layering brownies with icing, spreading to edges and building up. Ice the top with plain icing and lightly crumb coat the sides. Drizzle caramel down the sides of the tower. Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts.