Lovely winter images make a stunning finishing touch for a snow globe cookie. Add white edible glitter to simulate the look of real snow. Designed to fit our snow globe cookie cutter Winter Snow Globe # 42RM830.
Set of 12 images, each 3".
Complete illustrated instructions for applying wafer paper to your cookies is provided with each wafer paper order. It is really easy and just takes a few steps. Leave yourself a bit of time for the process and cutting out the wafer paper designs.
We recommend our No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
. Cut out desired shape and, after baking and cooling off, frost with White Royal Icing
# ROYAL7, let dry and adhere with a thin layer of Light Karo Corn Syrup or our Clear Writing Gel # CKCL.Note* All edible items, such as these, are non-returnable.
What is Wafer Paper?
Wafer paper is made of dehydrated potato starch, water and vegetable oil. The thin edible paper is then pre-printed with food-safe dyes. Wafer paper is tasteless and does not "melt" into the frosting, it will remain as a thin sheet of edible paper on top of your sweet confection.Instructions for use on a cake:
- Using craft scissors, carefully cut out your wafer paper image along the outer cut line provided on the design. You will want to trim carefully for a clean, finished look.
- Butter Cream Frosting Application: Apply the trimmed wafer paper illustration directly to a smooth surface of fresh butter cream frosting. Working from the center outwards, smooth any bubbles that may exist. You can consider the cake done at this point, or, pipe a decorative edge around the cake to hide the edge of the wafer paper.
- Fondant Application: If your cake has a fondant surface you will want to apply a thin layer of Light Karo Corn Syrup to the backside of the wafer paper illustration using a craft brush or a very soft basting brush. (Light coating only). Turn the wafer paper illustration over and apply to the top of the cake. Starting from the center, smooth the wafer paper outward towards the edges to get a good seal and to remove all bubbles. The cake can be considered complete at this point, or, add a decorative piped border.
- Store-Bought Cake Application: Request that the grocery store or bakery refrain from sprinkles or colored decorations on the top surface of the cake. If the surface is not fondant, just cutout and apply the wafer paper directly to the surface of the cake – smoothing it out as best as possible so that it does not get waves or wrinkles. The paper is really very forgiving.
- Tips for Success: Wait until the day of your event to apply the wafer paper illustration and only allow the cake to be refrigerated for a few hours before serving the cake. Note: we have left a store bought cake with a wafer paper topper in the refrigerator for 3 days without any color transfer or wrinkling – however, humidity and frosting moisture are factors and may vary greatly from our test conditions.
- Serving Tip: Gently cut thru the wafer paper first and then cut deeper into your slice for serving – this will produce the most decorative presentation.