Get creative with this oversized 14" Christmas Tree Cutter with 5" tree cutter insert. Perfect for letter cake style cakes, large cookies, or even jello.
Use your favorite cake recipe in a large sheet pan, or roll out your cookie dough recipe; bake one or more layers.
The sky is the limit with your frosting pastry bag, whipped cream cheese frosting, royal icing, or fondant decorations, sprinkles, etc.
Shown with our Pastel Tree Decorating Kit # 51BTK.
Made of green plastic, measures 14" x 1.5" 14.5".
Tip: we found a 14" x 20" sheet pan to be very helpful when working with this cutter set.
Click the Instructions Tab for complete details on how we made the Pastel Christmas Tree Cake
Get the Look - How We Created This Cake!
The Pastel Christmas Tree Cake was created as follows:
- Use the Giant Christmas Tree Cutter Set, # 42YNG, with two sheet cakes purchased at a local grocery store. You can, of course, bake a cake from scratch in a large sheet pan. We recommend a 14" x 20" sheet pan to accommodate the giant tree cutter.
- Create two layers with buttercream frosting between the layers and then frost the top of the cake.
- Use the small tree cutter in the Giant Christmas Tree Cutter set to cut out the center tree of this cake.
- Cover the seams at the edge of the cake with candies from candy necklaces found at your local candy store - you can see a bit of them in our photo of the cake.
- Decorate the top of the cake with poinsettias and snowmen royal icing decorations found in the Pastel Tree Decorating Kit, # 51BTK.
- For added drama we scattered extra-large gumballs in pastel colors, plus a variety of colored Sixlets. A Sixlet is a small round candy-coated, chocolate-flavored candy that measures about 3/8 inch in diameter. Sixlets can be found at candy stores, hobby and craft stores, and large retailers such as Walmart.
- Our final step was to add candy swirls made with our Choco Flame Chocolate Mold # 56SK147. This mold creates confections similar to a candy kiss. We used a mixture of white, pink, and blue candy coatings to create the candy swirls on the cake. You can create a similar effect by piping swirls with a piping tip and buttercream frosting.
We hope these tips are helpful and we would love to see your versions of this cake! Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.