Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice or 1 tsp. cherry extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, cut up
- 1/2 tsp. liquid red food coloring
1. Measure out flour in measuring cup by spooning lightly into cup, not sifting; pour into large mixing bowl. Add sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt to flour; stir well to blend. Add butter and buttermilk. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
2. Add cherry juice or cherry extract, eggs, and chocolate. Beat 2 minutes more. Stir in cherries and food coloring.
3. Bake in greased and floured Bundt or mini Bundt pan at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; invert on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
Recipe from The Original Bundt Recipe Collection book by Nordic Ware.