Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Assembly & Decorating Time: 60 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Gingerbread cookies are cut and assembled to make this spooky coffin! Royal icing provides the glue to hold the coffin together. Fill it with extra candy for a treat little tricksters will really dig!
for printable PDF.
- Stiff cookie dough that holds its shape while baking. We prefer our No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe or our Gingerbread Recipe
- Royal Icing
- Coffin Cookie Cutter
- Tiny Rosebud Icings
1. Prepare cookie dough of your choice.
2. Roll out dough. For each coffin, cut the following pieces:
- 2 coffin cookies
- Use a knife to cut the following side pieces: 2 pieces measuring 1" x 2 6/8", 2 pieces measuring 1" x 1 1/4", 2 pieces measuring 1" x 3/4"
3. Bake cutout shapes as directed. Remove from oven & cool.
4. Using royal icing as the glue, carefully adhere each side piece to the coffin base. Prop up against canned goods for support until the pieces dry.
5. Pipe decorations on lid of coffin, fill coffin with candy and enjoy.