Smooching Cookies How-To
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal Icing Mix
- Clear Writing Gel
- Spring Floral and Solid Print Wafer Paper
- Kookie Kutura Valentine Love Cookie Cutter Set
- Squeeze Bottles
- Parchment Paper
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several pairs of boy and girl cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper heart shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the heart shaped part of the cookies. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel (or light corn syrup) to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional details, such as sugar pearls or dragees (as shown).
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.